2227 Mineral Spring Ave.
N. Providence, Rhode Island 02911
PERSONAL INJURY QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
RHODE ISLAND AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Whether you've suffered a personal injury as the result of an automobile accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or drunk driving accident, you should never go it alone. On average you will obtain over 3 ½ times more money with the assistance of a qualified Rhode Island personal injury attorney than if you try to represent yourself.
Vehicle accidents often involve complicated issues of fault. Was it a rear end accident? Was it an intersection accident? Who had the right of way? Did the other driver have insurance or is it an Uninsured Motorist claim?
Insurance companies are in the business of making money. Therefore, they want to limit how much they pay in compensation for both property damage and personal injuries. People often wrongly assume that insurance companies are on their side and that they will compensate them in full.
The Hunter Law Office is the Rhode Island vehicle accident attorney with over 21 years of experience in negotiating settlements of vehicle accidents with insurance companies.
Whether it’s at the store or on someone else’s property, people suffer personal injuries in Slip & Fall accidents every day. Often times it is the result of someone’s negligence. Property owners are required to provide a safe environment and ensure that the property is maintained in a safe manner.
Questions that need to be addressed in a Slip & Fall Accident are:
- Was the injury from a natural or artificial condition?
- Was the property adequately maintained?
- Was the injured party a patron, trespasser, or invited guest?
- Did the property owner have a reasonable amount of time in which to discover and correct the dangerous condition?
The Hunter Law Office is the Rhode Island Slip & Fall Attorney with over 21 years of experience in negotiating settlements of Slip & Fall accidents with insurance companies.
The Center for Disease Control estimates that each year over 5 million people are bitten by dogs; most often it is a child that suffers an injury. There are several legal avenues when pursuing a dog bite claim.
- Common Law: Under common law principles a dog owner is held responsible for a dog bite injury if the owner had reason to believe that the dog was likely to cause that type of injury. Otherwise known as the “One Bite” rule, the owner is allowed one bite before he is expected to know that the dog is potentially dangerous.
- Dog Bite Statutes: Rhode Island has enacted a Dog Bite Statute in place of the Common Law Rule. Under State Statute, an owner is held strictly liable for a dog bite injury if the injury is sustained outside of the dog's pen or enclosure. If a second attack were to occur, then the owner is required to put the dog down and is liable for double damages.
- Negligence Theory: In situations where the Dog Bite Statute does not apply, an owner may still be held liable for injuries if the owner was unreasonably careless or negligent in controlling the dog.
The Hunter Law Office is the Rhode Island Dog Bite Attorney with over 21 years of experience in negotiating settlements of Dog Bite accidents with insurance companies.
A Rhode Island Wrongful Death claim occurs when a person dies as a result of the negligence of another party. Wrongful Death claims in Rhode Island are governed by the Rhode Island Wrongful Death Statute.
The Court system can’t ever fully compensate a family for the loss of a loved one, but it can provide a means to help the family support itself following the death of a primary wage earner. Compensation in a Rhode Island Wrongful Death claim often includes:
- Lost Income: When a victim’s life is cut short, an estimate of the victim’s remaining lifetime income has to be calculated.
- Medical Expenses: Often times there are very large sums of medical expenses involved when an individual is the victim of wrongful death.
- Victim’s Pain & Suffering: Often times the victim experiences significant pain and suffering associated with the injuries resulting in the wrongful death.
- Loss of Consortium: this compensates the spouse, children or parents of the victim.
The Hunter Law Office is the Rhode Island Wrongful Death Attorney with over 21 years of experience in negotiating settlements of Wrongful Death Claims with insurance companies.
If you've been injured, don't wait, call the Rhode Island Personal Lawyer now at 401.353.0060 or Toll Free at 1.855.HurtInRI..